- Dweck, CS, Davidson, W, Nelson, S, & Enna, B 1978, Sex differences in learned helplessness: II. The contingencies of evaluative feedback in the classroom and III. An experimental analysis. Development Psychology , 14, pp. 268-275.
- Scheier, M.F. & Charles C.S. 1985, Optimism, coping, and health: Assessment and implications of generalized outcome expectancies. Health Psychology, 4, 219-247. (Life Orientation Test - website & handout)
- Seligman, M 1992, Learned Optimism, Random House, Australia
- Seligman, M 1995, The Optimistic Child, Random House, Australia
- Seligman, M 1975, Learned helplessness: Depression, development and death , W. H. Freeman , New York .
- Slee, Phillip 2006, EDUC 2403 Book of Readings with Study Questions, Flinders University , Adelaide
- Stipek, DEP 1988, Motivation to learning , Allyn & Bacon, Boston .
- Warschaw, Tessa and Barlow, Dee 1995 Resiliency: How to Bounce Back, MasterMedia, Ltd..
- Yates, S.M 1998, Expanatory Style in Children, PhD thesis, Flinders University
Shields, Kelly, The Conflicts of Learned Helplessness in Motivation . Accessed: 15 May, 2006. http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/final.paper.pub/_pwfsfp/00000062.htm
Seligman's experiment (/images/Teacdsbx.gif) sourced from http://salmon.psy.plym.ac.uk/year2/psy221depression/dog-shuttle-box.gif [edited for readability]
All other images are either our own, or sourced from flickr.com and each with open copyright privileges.